Saturday, April 25, 2015

Event: PhLUG Brickxhibit2015 / Abrickadabra Lego Convention


Welcome to Brickstories' coverage of the Philippine Lego Users Group's (PhLUG) Brickxhibit2015 and Abrickadabra Lego convention.

Me and my hon Apple decided to break out our twin Lego backpacks for this amazing adventure and matching Lego shirts to boot.

Brickxhibit2015 is ongoing until May 3 and features MOCs (My Own Creations or what adult fans of Lego call their custom kits)  from most of PhLUG's great builders.

Once you've entered Resorts World's Newport Mall you are immediately greeted by a huge "I Love Lego" sign built out of a lot of red bricks.  The letters were made by Revjon Oblea with the bricks coming free from the Lego group itself.

Revjon Oblea made "I Love Lego"


Here's my hon Apple, my sister Richelle and Apple's nephew AJ posing in front of "I Love Lego"

Hon Apple, sis Rich, and AJ


Brickxhibit2015

After that it's a ton of Lego displays made by the talented sub interest groups (SIGs) of PhLUG.

The sigs are composed of (in order of display): PhLUG Mech (which used to be known as PhLUG MOC), Urban Builders, Force Legion, Kingdoms,  Garage, Armored Division, Starfleet and Minifigures.

Also among the displays are works of Team PMS (PhLUG's all-female build team) and a couple of other awesome moccers like Arthur Tanseco (Voltes V) and the Hope Christian Lego robotics team of David Ang.



The F1 diorama of PhLUG Garage SIG

One of my own contributions a P51 Mustang sporting the livery of the Philippine Airforce for PAD

My Lotus F1 car for Phlug Garage




PhLUG Ambassador Randie "Citizen Piper" Protacio giving the tour

My SIG - PhLUG Armored Division

Kids enjoying the PAD display

The awesome Kingdoms diorama which won "Best Diorama" of the convention

More kingdoms!

A slice of Pinoy life in Lego
(shown are mocs by Jergens Correa (angel's burger and Mark gotidoc (sari-sari store))






More pictures and updates later!



No comments:

Post a Comment